Friday, August 6, 2010

What is the What: Chapter VIX - XXII

What's kind of cool about this book is that there would be events talked about briefly at the beginning of the story and later would be revisited, such as the woman who shot Valentino's friends when they were on their way to Pochalla. I like how when you revisit it, you then understand its significance in the story. Anyway, Valentino goes temporarily blind as he walks to Kakuma. I think this could be foreshadowing to Tabitha's death, as both Tabitha and Valentino were blind to Duluma's serious rage and mental state. Also, Valentino wears a mask and thinks of it as a "new face, without marks, blemishes, a face that told no tales." Abraham, however, takes the mask from him and says it doesn't fit him. I think this shows how Valentino can't hide from who he is or forget what he has seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment