Friday, November 26, 2010
Life of Pi: Chapter 21 - 25
Although Pi enjoys practicing three religions, we learn what happens when the three religions collide. When Pi and his parents see "the three wise men," I thought "Oh gosh, this isn't going to end well." The men argue about their religions and tell Pi that he must choose only one. Pi, however, simply just wants to love God and accept all the religions. I couldn't help but laugh at Ravi's comment - "At the rate you're going, if you go to temple on Thursday, mosque on Friday, synagogue on Saturday, and church on Sunday, you only need to convert to three more religions to be on holiday for the rest of your life." Anyway, I found it interesting how he described agnostic thinking as "dry, yeastless factuality." I think it really describes a lack of imagination and dedication to fact that they have, and how they "miss the better story."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment